IPL Photofacial Skin Rejuvenation AESTHETTA ©
Say goodbye to the effects of sun damage, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and more. With the innovative Intense Pulsed Light (IPL™) photofacial procedure, gentle skin rejuvenation is now easier than ever. IPL™ photofacial rejuvenation is the latest in modern dermatology, allowing patients to transform splotchy, discolored skin into a radiant complexion. If you suffer from any of these problems, photofacial treatments may be the dermatological approach you’ve been looking for.
Skin Rejuvenation Treatment
What Happens To Our Skin As We Grow Older?
Young skin is elastic, firm and has no wrinkles. Old skin, however, is thin and wrinkled. The reasons for the difference lie in the dermis layer:
- Nutrition – The dermis is responsible for the nutrition of the basal cells layer in the epidermis. This layer generates cells and gives the skin its thickness and volume. As we get older the nutrition process is not as intensive and effective as it used to be when we were young, resulting in thinner skin.
- The finger-like structure of the dermis creates:
- A larger surface between the dermis and the epidermis, which means more nutrition to the basal cells.
- A better grip between the two skin layers; the dermis and the epidermis, resulting in a firmer looking skin.
- Collagen and elastin fibers – Form a supportive web - beneath the finger-like layer of the dermis.
- The thicker this web is, the more elastic and flexible the skin will be.
- In older people the fibroblast cells that build this web receive less nutrition. Consequently they generate less collagen, resulting in wrinkles and loose skin.
Skin Rejuvenation with Light-Based Technology - How Does it Work?
- Illuminating the skin with light (photons).
- Absorption of the photons by the cell’s mitochondria and by the inner cell’s chromophores.
- An elevation of ATP synthesis (ATP = Adenosine Tri-Phosphate, the cell’s energy molecule).
- Increased protein synthesis, growth and cell’s proliferation.
- Enhanced collagen and elastic fibers production.
- Rejuvenated looking skin.
Active's GEM-PL Technology uses specific dose (Only a few milliseconds per pulse) and intensity of wavelengths, around 420nm to enable optimal results in the production of collagen and elastic fibers.
At the Aesthetta Laser Center, we use photofacials to effectively treat:
- Sun-damaged skin
- Fine lines
- Enlarged pores
- Liver spots
- Enlarged blood vessels